Laurentian Bank Financial Group is Proud to Share Its 2018 Social Responsibility Report
MONTREAL, Feb. 22, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Laurentian Bank Financial Group released its 2018 Social Responsibility Report today that provides information on the organization’s engagements towards its stakeholders.
To read the full report, visit https://lbcfg.ca/governance-and-social-responsibility. Key highlights include:
Backing the communities we serve
- In 2018, more than $1.2 million was given in donations and sponsorships to improve the lives of people when they need it most;
- We have enriched many Canadian museum collections by donating thirty-eight works of art from our own collection to improve accessibility to the public.
Delivering better customer experiences
- In downtown Montreal, we launched our first point of service focused exclusively on advice. This renews the banking experience by emphasizing a range of investment and financing advice services tailored to our diversified clientele;
- We increased coverage of ABMs by joining THE EXCHANGE® Network which gives customers greater access to their accounts at over 3,000 ABMs across the country.
Building great teams and providing them modern work environments
- We put initiatives in place to promote inclusion and diversity and we are proud that 58% of our management positions are represented by women;
- We opened our new corporate office in Montreal featuring café areas, collaborative spaces for more than 1,600 employees, state-of-the-art equipment and abundant access to light.
Doing our part to help the environment
- We now have 60% of our team members working in our Silver LEED-certified Montreal corporate office or our Gold LEED-certified Toronto corporate office.
- We have displaced more than 630 tons of CO2 with clean and renewable electricity since starting our partnership with Bullfrog Power in 2015. This represents the equivalent of taking 130 cars off the road for one year.
About Laurentian Bank Financial Group
Founded in 1846, Laurentian Bank Financial Group is a diversified financial services provider whose mission is to help its customers improve their financial health. The Laurentian Bank of Canada and its entities are collectively referred to as Laurentian Bank Financial Group (the “Group” or the "Bank").
With more than 3,600 employees guided by the values of proximity, simplicity and honesty, we provide a broad range of advice-based solutions and services to our retail, commercial and institutional customers. With pan-Canadian activities and a presence in the U.S., we are an important player in numerous market segments.
The Group has $46 billion in balance sheet assets and $29 billion in assets under administration.
Assistant Vice President, Communications
514-284-4500, extension 40015